The Association of Greek Art Historians (EEIT) is a nonprofit membership organization whose mission is to advance the study of art and its history(ies) for the benefit of all. The purpose of the association is academic, educational and cultural.
The aims of EEIT, as these are delineated in its constitution, include:
- The consolidation of art history as a distinct field of study in the public sphere in Greece;
- The support and promotion of the scholarly work of its members as well as the facilitation of an academic exchange at a national and international level;
- The international promotion of the history(ies) of Modern Greek art;
- The enhancement of the appreciation of art and its interpretation(s) by a wider audience;
- The institutional recognition and promotion of the professional rights of Greek art historians.